I hope you're enjoying a nice relaxing long weekend. Can someone please explain to me how September just happened?? I digress.... Pillows!
Along with a new sofa comes the need for some new pillows. Yes, the need. I've come to the conclusion that it must be in the female DNA because men just don't get pillows. Every single time I say something about a new pillow, Hubby responds with "ya know, I was just thinking we didn't have enough pillows." You are right, Hubby, one can never have enough pillows! Who's with me??? Pillows are a relatively inexpensive and non-committal way to instantly switch up a room.
Exhibit A- our new sofa. While I love the simplicity of just the single center pillow (a HomeGoods find that I still adore), functionality-wise, we need to add a pillow on each side. I want something fun and colorful that won't compete with the adjacent ikat chair or the orange/coral pillow. That's not too much to ask.
- Fanner Diamond Pillow Cover in Platinum from West Elm. Simplicity with artistic flare in the form of texture
- British Bouquet pillow from Caitlin Wilson Textiles. Color and fun.
- Embroidered Dot Pillow Cover in Blue Lagoon from West Elm. So pretty and simple. It would be rather simple to take this as an inspiration and create a custom version.
- Paint Palette Pillow via Tonic Living. The fabric itself is also available from Tonic Living and I think is the current front-runner in my sofa race. An artsy floral with enough color that it can hold up next to the existing pillow.
- Blue, Purple, and Green Linen Pillow Cover from Pillow Flight on etsy. This shop has such great affordable options! I'm also a sucker for paisley-inspired florals. I think I need to veer out of the box, though.
- Cowhide Pillow Cover from Wisteria. I'm not going to lie and tell you I love the cowhide... It would not be very comfortable to rest your head on during detective show binge-watching... BUT I love the style/idea here. Creating a pattern with individual fabric pieces and leaving raw edges- beautiful. With felt, jersey, or some other cozy material I'd be totally sold.
I could day dream about pillows all day if I wasn't careful. So many options! Such pretty fabrics! Endless possibilities! I bit pillow-crazy? maybe!